Sjálfboðaverkefni fyrir Rauða Krossinn í Portúgal á fullum styrk
AUS er með verkefni á fullum EVS/ESC (European Solidarity Corps) styrk sem staðsett eru í Portúgal. Allt er innifalið, húsnæði, matur, tryggingar, vasapeningur tungumálakennsla, flugstyrkur og svo margt, margt fleira!
Hver sem er á aldrinum 18-30 ára getur sótt um.
Lesa má um verkefnin og móttökusamtök hér að neðan.
16 aug 2020
Cucujães in the World II.
Duration: 11 months (Sept/Oct 2020 – Aug/Sep 2020) – exact dates to be decided based on Covid-19 developments
Background: The Cucujães branch is part of the Portuguese Red Cross and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement founded with the same aim to operate in armed conflict or natural disaster scenarios on the principles of Humanity, Impartiality, Independence, Neutrality, Volunteering, Unity and Universality. It is a small branch with 3 full time
employees. You will be working alongside international volunteers and our local volunteers and you can expect to take part in all of our projects
- Food Bank: This includes storing and organising food supplies, and distributing them to families and individuals in need.
- Social Store: Organising clothing, shoes and toys donations to be distributed to people in need or to be sold at our Social Store.
- Active Mix: Is a group of people with disabilities that come together once a week to dance, make arts and crafts and other leisure activities.
- Support to Refugees: Since 2019, we support refugee families relocated to Portugal, living in Cucujães. Volunteers develop different activities with them such as Portuguese and English language workshops, creating CV and help in job search.
- Elderly Nursing Home: Volunteers spend some time in a Elderly Nursing Home helping out in different tasks and providing some leisure
- School: Weekly activities at the school promoting Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps, helping students with language skills and other thematic workshops.
- First Aid: As part of a team with local volunteers, European volunteers provide First Aid in sport or cultural events.
- Support to Pilgrims: Begins in late April and ends in last weeks of May. We set up a temporary base where we provide food, shelter and medical aid to pilgrims on their way to Fátima Sanctuary.
- Fundraising: Volunteers are also involved in fundraising activities.
- Youth Summer Camp: It takes place during the month of July. The “camp” is for youth from 6 to 17 years old and is based at a local primary school. Volunteers monitor the youth and implement sports, arts and cultural activities with them.
Is this the project for you? YES, if you:
- are between 18-30 years old
- can communicate in English
- are unemployed, just finished School/University or decided to take a gap year
- have serious interest and motivation to help families, individuals and local communities
- are responsible, proactive and committed
- feel comfortable about living in a small town
- are a practical person that likes to be useful and get hands-on and help in what is needed
- have never participated in European Voluntary Service or European Solidarity Corps before
As a Volunteer you will be offered:
- On Arrival Training and Mid Term Training provided by the Portuguese National Agency
- Online Linguistic Support to learn Portuguese Language
- If necessary, First Aid Training
- Introduction to Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement Online Training
- Recommendation Letter, if you need one
- Youthpass Certificate (after completing the project)
Working Hours: The Portuguese Red Cross – Delegation of Cucujães headquarters are opened to the public from 9 am to 6 pm with a rest period during lunch time. It is important to remember that our organisation is part of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and our aim is to provide humanitarian aid so we are always “on call” should it be the case we are called to operate in emergency/ catastrophe. Volunteers work 38 hours/ week in average.
Holidays: The volunteer shall receive 2 days off per month, so for the 8-months volunteering period, the volunteer will have 16 days off, which can be taken in consultation with the host project. In addition, the volunteer will have days off on public/national holidays.
Food and money: Volunteers receive 5€/ day of pocket money (as foreseen on ESC
guidelines). This amount will be paid monthly. Volunteers also receive 150€/ month of food allowance.
Accommodation: You will share a house with other volunteers. The house is
equipped with basic appliances, basic furniture and Wi-Fi. You will share the bedroom with another volunteer of the same gender.
Local Transport: The house is within walking distance to the organization’s
headquarters. (1.1 Km = 15 Min walking). You are expected to cover your expenses of public transportation.
Travel: Volunteers will be reimbursed (upon presentation of original receipts and tickets) the value of their travel from their original country – Iceland – (to start the project) and back to their original country (at the end of the project) as follows:
10-99 Km 20€
100 – 499 Km 180€
500- 1999 Km 275€
2000 – 2999 Km 360€
3000 – 3999 Km 530€
4000 – 7999 Km 820€
Health Insurance will be provided through European Health Insurance Card therefore it is mandatory to have a valid card for the entire duration of the volunteering project. No Visa is required.
How is it like to volunteer at the Red Cross in Cucujães?
Hear what our past volunteers have to say about it: A
Where can I find out more about the work that your organisation does?
You can find all information regarding the Portuguese Red Cross in the official website: https://www.cruzvermelha.pt/
You can also explore our organisation’s work on social media:
If you have any other specific question, you can get in touch with us by e-mail AT firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
How is life like in Portugal?
Living in a different country will always have positive and negative effects but the more prepared you are, the more you will learn from that experience. Above all, be open minded! We recommend you read the appendix guide that we will send to you if you’re selected carefully.
What are you waiting for?
Send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org and get ready for a life-changing experience!
Can’t wait to hear from you! 🙂